Cal Pac’s success can be largely attributed to its people, each of whom represents the very best in one or more specialized areas of expertise. We believe in teamwork, which means working together to live up to our commitment — bringing outstanding value, integrity and service to our clients. If you are interested in a rewarding career at Cal Pac please review our current employment opportunities below.
Cal Pac Sheet Metal Inc. has immediate openings for an architectural and commercial sheet metal products installer. Were searching for motivated and experienced people to grow our installation division. We are a licensed, bonded and insured contractor who specializes in General and Architectural sheet metal. Metal coping systems, ACM and Aluminum plate wall panel systems, metal roof systems, production and custom sheet metal installation..
Applicant must be a experienced and qualified with general knowledge of construction safety and 5 years of current sheet metal or carpentry experience. Fit for duty and knowledge test will be given to top candidates during interview.
Cal Pac has openings in installation of commercial and residential sheet metal install department.
- Applicants for this are required to Install ACM wall panel systems, standing seam metal roofs, fascia, soffit, gutters and down spouts, wall caps. Installers must be able to Set up and work safely on ladders and scaffolding. Climb and descend a forty foot extension ladder. Lift and carry heavy materials throughout the day. Assist contractors and customers who come on job site. Maintain personal and team safety in the shop and on the jobsite. Safety meetings, training and certifications are required and mandatory.
- Installer candidates must have current experience in sheet metal, knowledge and experience with snips, tools and layout and measurement.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
APPRENTICE level employees need basic knowledge of roofing, wall panel systems or a similar trade that deals with a finish product and layout, further training will be provided. Valid Driver’s License and transportation is a plus. Must have basic tools i.e.: drill with bits and drivers, measuring tape, bags, hammer, riveter, tin Snips, hand seamers, quick square, torpedo level, caulk line, string line, pliers.
- PREFERRED SKILLS: Prior sheet metal, roofing, or carpentry construction experience knowledge of hand and power tools for metal trade. Basic knowledge of different types of fasteners, scaffold equipment, with an understanding of roof systems and wall panel systems.
JOURNEYMAN level employees need 4+ years’ experience in Architectural Sheet Metal either commercial or residential. Must have valid driver’s license and basic industry tools. Journeymen need extensive knowledge of blue print reading, layout and installing, ACM wall paneling (composite, single skin, insulated), air & vapor barriers OR sheet metal roofing, snow bar, fascia and soffit. Along with mentoring new recruits.
FOREMAN and CREW LEADER (CL) all of the above qualifications plus more than 5 years’ experience with 2 years in a supervisor position. Foreman will need but not limited to, basic industry sheet metal tools, valid driver’s license and technically savvy to operate time system.
- Work in a fast paced environment
- Great communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Reliable work ethic
- Goal oriented
- Stand, kneel, sit and walk for 8 to 11 hours a day
- Climb and descend 40ft ladder
- Lift, push, pull, up to 100 lbs
- Overhead lifting up to 50 lbs
- Paid holidays and Paid vacation PTO,
- Medical, Dental and Vision Health Insurance.
- 401(k) plan and AD&D life Insurance policy.
- Waiting periods may apply.
Please visit our web site calpacsheet.COM to see our quality and scoop of work.
Job Type: Full-time